Sunday, March 12, 2006

Fred's Fire

Darin and I joined Michael and Line Wilson last night at Fred's Cafe for some burgers, beer and live music. It was so crowded outside on their patio, we ate inside the restaurant. Packed there too. Just as we were finishing dinner, our waiter shouted, "Everybody GET OUT, there's a fire in the kitchen, leave now, I'M NOT JOKING." Sure enough, a large grease fire was taking over the grill and we all got out just before the ceiling caught on fire. Three minutes later 6 fire trucks showed up and put out the fire, but not before it destroyed the kitchen. Too exciting. The Fort Worth Star Telegram did not do the excitement justice, but I found the Fred's Cafe web site to be absolutely hilarious (the "heated patio" was not a pun!). From what I understand, they'll be open next week for patio burgers and next month for the restuarant. I'm sure we'll be back there too, we owe them for our dinner tab.

No comments: